So I haven’t blogged in a while and thought it would be a good idea. Work has picked up a little bit as now both of the partners are in the office. They are nice guys sometimes but mostly your typical corporate butt faces. It’s really hard to show Jesus in the workplace though. I admire any Christ follower that goes to the working field to be a missionary, phew.
So something that has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been really convicted about evangelism. This may seem strange I’m sure. But I have been really torn. Most days when I have a lot of time to think (which is more abundant these days) my mind seems to wonder about things of theology and sin. My community talks a lot about these things and I love it. I feel like we are always challenging each other. What a great things to be involved in peoples lives that when you are not following the direction of the Lord, they are going to tell you about it!
But I think that sometimes we get so wrapped up in theological debate after debate that we forget a crucial part of the equation. We are commanded to love God and LOVE PEOPLE. I think being in an office/corporate setting has opened my eyes to this some. Like people who do not know Jesus need some love. They need to know someone cares. They need purpose. And it is our JOB to tell them where they can find everlasting love and fulfillment for their lives.
Ugh, I don’t know. And maybe I am wrong and I am the only person who doesn’t make an effort to engage in the lives of lost people like I should. But I doubt that is the case. So, I feel so strongly about this I am throwing out all my current readings and buying Just Walk Across the Room by Bill Hybels. I know many of you have read it already and enjoyed it. I look forward to it changing my life (or at least my perspectiveJ).
No comments:
Post a Comment