5.18.2010

Catalyst Intern Updates

Hey friends! So most of you know by now, I have moved to Atlanta, GA and am interning with a christian leadership group called Catalyst.

Today we wrapped up Day 2 of the internship and its going great! The team and our bosses have done an EXCEPTIONAL job at making us feel welcome and that we are a part of their family.

I have learned so much in these two days but I wanted to share just two things that have really stood out to me.

1. God blesses things that align with His heart and His will. I have heard story after story from people about how they ended up working with Catalyst and you can really see God doing amazing things through these folks. Even on our intern team we have some INCREDIBLE stories of how we came to apply for the internship that seem supernatural.

Now I know what some of you are thinking. Of course its easy to have God's favor when you have leaders like Andy Stanley involved and a company with the foundation laid by John Maxwell BUT I can tell you that this group of people are SO HUMBLE about the position they are in and what they have been entrusted with. They take it VERY seriously and have many levels of accountability. It's really refreshing to see leaders taking such good care of the body of Christ they've been given. They know at any moment God sees it fit, it could all be gone.

2. Relationship before Opportunity. A lot of what we will be doing as interns is talking to people that have shown interest in the experience of Catalyst and see their interest in attending the conference in October. When I first heard this, I thought, cheeks in seats, that's what this is going to be about and I quickly learned I was wrong. As one of the concierges said today that I trained with it's not about selling a ticket. Its about giving information and answering questions (other post coming about giving info to others).

I think that's all I have for today. I mean I actually have like 5 other posts in my mind so hopefully those will be up by this weekend.

Thanks for reading! Aaaaand anyone that wants to visit, let me know!

No comments: